Thursday 29 April 2010

finance

The cost for 7 meters worth of aluminum bars came to a total of £779.86
The cost of the 3.1 meter I-Beam came to £354.14
The cost of the bottle jack was £20 x 4 = £80
The labourers cost for welding came to £120
The total costing came to £1334 ~ £1400

As this is a disaster saving tender we do not intend to make any profit on this there is no price on the lives of people. All costing has been taken into consideration and as nearly all of it will come pre-made there is no extra machining necessary. The aluminum bars came from the Aluminum Warehouse, the bars they supplied were what we needed.
The I-Beam was a great find I found an online company funnily enough called Online Metals and I was able to give them my dimensions and they gave me a quote instantly. The price they had quoted me was reasonable and as the financial officer I had set an initial budget of around £1500 so the crane complete cost was pleasing.
The design allows the toes' on each of the legs to accomodate to most jacks. So this would save on costing and would be able to help the disaster more efficiently as in it would mean the government or whoever the buyer would be would be able to buy bulk at cheaper prices.

No comments:

Post a Comment